AER International Conference 2010
Featuring the Orientation & Mobility Division Conference within a Conference
July 21-25, 2010 | Little Rock, Arkansas
AER International Conference 2010
AER International Conference Registration
AER and Arkansas Destinations is proud to offer exciting tours of 3 of LIttle Rock's most famous desintations. Click here for more information and to register (separate from conference registration and paid to Arkansas Destinations)
Add-On Options for Conference Delegates
You must register for the conference to participate in the MacFarland Seminar & Obstacle Avoidance Workshop
Daily rates are available onsite ONLY!
AER International Conference 2010
1. Registration is open to all members of the Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired and to interested professionals in the vision field.
2. Individual AER International Conference registration fees include: Four days of conference programming, including Division programming, O&M Division Conference Within A Conference, Poster Session, Opening Reception, continental breakfast Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, scheduled coffee breaks, AER Awards Reception, printed conference program, and unlimited access to the AER Exhibit Hall. Fees do not include housing or transportation to the conference location.
3. MacFarland Seminar Registration fee includes admission into the one-day seminar, AM & PM breaks and lunch. Post-Conference Workshop: Obstacle Avoidance fee includes admission into the one-day seminar and a K-Sonar device. Awards Luncheon fee includes lunch only and may be attended by conference delegates or guests.
4. Guest Fee includes: Badge to attend Opening Ceremony and Reception, admittance to AER Exhibit Hall, AER Awards Presentation, AER Awards Reception, and admittance to Poster Session. Guest badge does not include access to conference programming.
5. Daily Badge rates will be available onsite only. The fee includes: Admittance into conference programming for the day of purchase, continental breakfast, scheduled coffee breaks, any reception taking place the day of badge purchase, unlimited access to the AER Exhibit Hall if open on day of badge purchase.
7. Speakers and exhibitors must register as full delegates to attend AER Conference programming.
8. Non-Member students must be prepared to provide documentation of student status if requested.
9. Name badges are required for participation in all conference events and will be prepared from information provided on the registration form. Admittance to any function of the conference requires the appropriate badge. Badges may NOT be transferred, exchanged or shared. Badges may not be altered or defaced in any way. Violators are subject to badge confiscation. There is a $100 replacement fee for a lost badge.
10. Requests for delegate name changes must be made in writing.
11. The AER International Conference 2010 will be held at the Statehouse Convention Center and The Peabody Little Rock Hotel. Make hotel reservations online at www.peabodylittlerock.com; Telephone: 800-PEABODY (800-732-2639 in the U.S. and Canada) or 501-906-4000. Use group code 290157 when making reservations or tell the reservations agent that you are with the AER International Conference if calling.
All housing accommodations and cancellations must be coordinated through The Peabody Little Rock. AER is not responsible for cancellations.
12. Be sure to schedule time for one of a number of exciting city tours available to AER International Conference delegates on Friday & Saturday, July 22, 2010, and return home with unique memories of this charming Southern city! An additional fee applies. Visit www.aerbvi.org for more information and to obtain a registration form, or call 501-603-0113 or 866-937-5265 (toll-free in US and Canada). All Arkansas Night Tours are being coordinated through Arkansas Destinations, Inc., 701A Collins, Little Rock, AR 72202, www.ardestinations.com, email@example.com. AER is not responsible for bookings or cancellations.
13. Hospitality functions and any other function, gift or service involving delegates will not be permitted during the AER Conference without written approval from AER.
14. Delegate agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired against all claims of damages, losses and charges of any kind resulting from conference participation.
15. The Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired cannot be held liable for any financial responsibilities incurred on the part of individual participants.
16. Any photographs or film coverage of delegates during the conference may be used at the discretion of the Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired in future publications or videos.
17. All delegates must comply with all Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired policies at all conference functions. The AER Policy prohibits harassment and discrimination so that AER may maintain a pleasant working environment for its members and employees, free of any intimidation or hostility. Any violation of this policy will be reported to AER’s Executive Director and/or Conference Chairman and will be addressed immediately.
18. It is understood and agreed to that failure of a participant to comply with the above conditions may prohibit future participation in the AER International Conference.
DATES AND DEADLINES
19. Early registration fees are available through 11:59 pm April 14, 2010. Advance rates are available through 11:59 pm July 2, 2010. After July 2, you must register onsite beginning July 21, 2010.
20. Cancellation Policy: All requests to cancel conference registration must be made in writing to AER via mail or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a cancellation is received on or before April 30, 2010, the total registration fee will be refunded less a $35 processing fee. If a delegate cancels between May 1, 2010 and June 15, 2010, 50% of the total fee will be refunded. AER will issue no refunds for conference registrations cancelled on or after June 16, 2010, unless there are special circumstances.
21. No refunds will be given for onsite cancellations, late arrivals, unused services, unattended events or early departure. It is the delegate’s responsibility to submit a cancellation request early enough so that it is received in the AER office by the above dates. Postmark dates will not be accepted.
22. In the event the AER International Conference is cancelled, there will be no refunds unless there are special circumstances.
|Presented by the Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired
1703 N. Beauregard Street, Suite 440 • Alexandria, VA 22311 • (703)671-4500