Invitation To Join
Join AER today!
What are the benefits and services available to AER members?
- Networking -- Learning from your peers is probably the most valuable member benefit. The networking opportunities through your active involvement in the association on the chapter, division, and international level can aid in professional growth, career advancements, and continued education.
- Periodicals -- To keep you updated on government affairs, association events, field research, new products and services, and member news, AER provides its members with "news-you-can-use" through the publication of:
- AER Report -- AER’s bimonthly newsletter chock full of association and member news, the latest happenings on Capitol Hill and international happenings, and highlights on the latest products and services in the field.
- JVIB -The Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness (JVIB), the international peer-reviewed journal of record in the blindness field, became a membership benefit for AER members in January 2013 and has been designated the official journal of AER
- Career Opportunities -- Whether beginning your career, moving to a new city, or looking to advance your career, AER members have access to the latest job openings in the field through a subscription to AER’s Job Exchange.
- Education Opportunities -- At chapter events, division meetings, and the Biennial International Conference.
- Publications and Resources -- AER's indispensable publications and resources include "Preschool Orientation and Mobility Screening," "Orientation and Mobility: Techniques for Independence," and several others.
- Discounts - AER members receive discounts on special AER publications, conference registration fees, car rentals and hotel discounts, education programs.
- Insurance Programs -- A professional liability insurance program is available to AER members, along with a comprehensive insurance program package with many other important insurance coverages, administered by Forrest T. Jones & Company.
- Scholarships -- AER provides two scholarships to students who are legally blind and are studying for a career in the field of services to the blind or visually impaired. The scholarships are named in honor of William and Dorothy Ferrell. They are awarded in the even number years.
With all these great benefits, why wait? Join AER today!