Welcome to the AER International Services & Global Issues Division (Division 18).
AER members are invited to connect with colleagues from around the globe by joining the newly established AER International Services & Global Issues Division.
The AER International Services and Global Issues Division exists to raise awareness and facilitate engagement of AER members in services, trends, and issues affecting people who are visually impaired in a global context.
- Engage with other vision professionals who are working to help individuals who are blind and visually impaired to achieve the highest level of independence and success.
- Exchange strategies, techniques, and approaches to delivering services.
- Disseminate and receive information about the progress of the International Council for Education of People with Visual Impairment.
- Be a part of a group aimed at ensuring that individuals who are blind and visually impaired have their needs raised to the highest levels.
- Engage in collaborative professional development to promote excellence in the field worldwide.
Welcome to the October 2018 edition of the AER Global Issues newsletter. In this issue we will continue our exploration of services for people with blindness and visual impairment in Nigeria with Paul Ajuwon. This past summer he went to Nigeria to collaborate with the University of Jos in the area of orientation and mobility and is reporting on the results and of what may come next. Additionally, we present an interview of a refugee from Myanmar who is blind interviewed by Judith Querciagrossa.
Please click on the following link to view the newsletter: June 2019 edition newsletter link
We are developing a Global Contacts list for the purpose of making worldwide connections of people and organizations that pertains to services for people with blindness and visual impairment. If you or someone you know would be interested in being a contact to represent a country or region, please contact me.
We’re always looking for ways to improve the Division. Please send any comments, questions, suggestions, or encouragements to Kevin at [email protected].
Kevin McCormack, COMS
The Global Issues Division is now accepting applications for the 2019 Scholarship
AER’s Global Issues Division is offering an inaugural scholarship competition for students originating from areas outside of mainland United States and Canada that is obtaining post-secondary education to serve students with visual impairments in their region. Therefore, this scholarship is open to cultural and geographical locations around the world; however, it is not open to American or Canadian students studying in or outside of their home country. Please click on the link below to access the application:
Here is the International Services and Global Issues Division June 2018 Newsletter:
For the Braille Pals advertisement, please click on the link: Braille Pals Advertisement
Click on the link for our Facebook website: https://www.facebook.com/aerglobalissues/