Welcome to the AER International Services & Global Issues Division (Division 18).
AER members are invited to connect with colleagues from around the globe by joining the newly established AER International Services & Global Issues Division.
The Division is designed to bring together AER members who are interested in international services and global issues that impact individuals with visual impairment.
- Engage with other vision professionals who are working to help individuals who are blind and visually impaired to achieve the highest level of independence and success.
- Exchange strategies, techniques, and approaches to delivering services.
- Disseminate and receive information about the progress of the International Council for Education of People with Visual Impairment.
- Be a part of a group aimed at ensuring that individuals who are blind and visually impaired have their needs raised to the highest levels.
- Engage in collaborative professional development to promote excellence in the field worldwide.
The Global Issues Division is now accepting applications for the 2018 Scholarship
AER’s Global Issues Division is offering an inaugural scholarship competition for students originating from areas outside of mainland United States and Canada that is obtaining post-secondary education to serve students with visual impairments in their region. Therefore, this scholarship is open to cultural and geographical locations around the world; however, it is not open to American or Canadian students studying in or outside of their home country.
One scholarship of $500 will be awarded to a student studying to work with people that are blind and/or visually impaired. The scholarship is an restricted award and needs to be used to further the students education in the field of blindness and visual impairments.
The deadline for the application is Monday April 2nd, 2018
Applicants for the scholarship must be accepted for full, unrestricted enrollment (not probationary status) or must be enrolled (part-time or full-time) at an institution of higher education.
If the applicant is accepted for enrollment, but has not yet begun classes, the award will be made when the student can show proof of completion of one term of study and two related courses. Individuals who have been accepted for enrollment but have not yet completed one term of study must do so within one year of the date that the Global Issues Scholarship application was awarded or the recipient will forfeit the award.
In every case, students must show proof of two related courses.
How to apply
An application form must be completed in full and signed by the applicant. Application submission is as follows:
- Only electronic submissions are accepted. These should be emailed to Lisa Johnson at [email protected]
Incomplete applications or applications that are not received by Monday April 2nd, 2018 will not be considered.
The application is below: