Activities of Daily Living Instructor
Date posted: 07/13/2022
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posted by: Alphapointe
Salary: Varies based on experience
Kansas City, MO 64132
Kansas City, MO 64132
- Completion of an accredited education program and all field work education requirements for a licensed Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant.
- The Occupational Therapy program must be accredited by the American Medical Association and the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. Must maintain certification.
- Excellent communication, assessment, and teaching ability required
- Knowledge of diabetes preferred
Job Summary: Perform evaluations and teach adaptive techniques for independent daily living for low vision and/or blindness clients. May train and provide supervision to fieldwork OT students and new ADL staff, as appropriate to level of licensure.
- Assess or monitor assessment of skills in activities of daily living and diabetes management; make appropriate training and equipment recommendations.
- Formulate curriculum; develop individualized study materials; instruct and monitor instruction of consumers; and modify teaching programs and materials as necessary.
- Provide verbal and written reports pertaining to consumers’ progress to consumers, referral sources, and other rehabilitation team members in accordance with policies and procedures. Complete other paperwork as assigned.
- Recommend the purchase of supplies and capital equipment needed for training.
- Provide orientation of instructional areas and equipment to new staff members and student affiliates assigned to the program.
- Plan and conduct community integration activities and outings to enhance training, knowledge of community resources, independence, self-advocacy, and leisure.
- Act as case manager and serve as a liaison with referral sources for single service consumers. Establish and maintain relationships with other providers of daily living skills.
- Participate in team and staff meetings and contribute to the formulation of policies, procedures, and programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some travel in the community.