Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
Date posted: 06/06/2022
Location: Utica, New York
Posted by: Central Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CABVI)
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 annually
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree and COTA certification required. Experience with adaptive sports and recreation, serving individuals with vision loss and children’s recreational programming a plus.
- Must possess basic computer skills to effectively use Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from consumers, professionals and the general public. Must be able to write effective plans, reports and correspondence. Must have ability to provide visual cues according to consumer’s visual status. Must have excellent listening skills and the ability to develop confidence and self-esteem.
Extensive travel required. Instruction may occur in a variety of environments including consumer’s home or school, CABVI, or the community.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
- Provide occupational therapy to adults and children, including personal life management, communication, home management, and leisure activities under the supervision and clinical direction of an Occupational Therapist.
- Instruct consumers in use of low vision aids and adaptive equipment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of occupational therapy services in Adaptive Sports and Recreational Programs for children and adults.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Consult, refer and network with primary care givers, NYSCB personnel, associated professionals and CABVI staff.
- Conduct community presentations and represents CABVI at meetings as assigned. Participates in program outreach and solicitation of program referrals.
- Maintain awareness of current academic material and research. Continue professional development in rehabilitation field.
- Assist Occupational Therapist in development of occupational therapy protocols, procedures, interventions and policies updating, as needed, as the OT program is established.
- Meets contractual and grant obligations as well as established occupational therapy clinical productivity goals.
- Provide vision therapy training children identified through screenings and direct referral.
- Assist our preschool vision screening team with completing preschool vision screenings. Organize preschool vision screening paperwork, document data collected, and process screening results.
- Participate in training, conduct research and collect data related to new initiatives and grants within the department
- Develop weekly schedule to maximize efficiency and enter your schedule on outlook. Document mileage and services on TICR daily.
- Complete agency intakes and establish rehab plans. Secure appropriate funding. Complete insurance and medical network information including releases of needed information. Review privacy practice policy and confidentiality guidelines.
- Provide manpower and assist with specialized events such as residential programs, open house, adaptive sports and recreation programs and other rehab related service programs.
- Assist in the development, planning, coordination and execution of vision rehabilitation group instruction, for community programs, residential programs, staff training events and external community support events under the direction of a certified VRT or OT
CABVI offers a generous benefit package and a family friendly work environment. We offer three health insurance plans to choose from along with dental and vision insurance! A 403(b) retirement benefit is offered for this position with employer contributions along with paid time off and holiday pay! We also provide an employer paid life insurance policy along with many other employee sponsored benefits.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.