Children and Youth Coordinator Phoenix
Date posted: 11/22/2021
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posted by: Saavi Services for the Blind
Salary: $45,000 - $49,000
3767 E Grant Rd
Tucson, AZ 85716
3767 E Grant Rd
Tucson, AZ 85716
- Associates degree in Education, and/or 2 years working in blindness programming.
- At least 2 years serving in blindness education and/or rehabilitation programs with agency training.
- Experience in program development preferred.
- Strong knowledge of child and adolescent development.
- Ability to incorporate whole agency/system and multiple needs into all work.
- Ability and willingness to work both as part of a team and operate autonomously.
- Exceptional communication skills in public speaking, writing and editing communications.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships internally and externally,
- Ability to demonstrate a positive philosophy of blindness and a history of inclusive practices.
- Excellent verbal communication and the ability to demonstrate emotional intelligence,
- Experience advocating for individuals and encouraging self-advocacy.
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Ability to communicate, promote and work within a team environment.
- Ability to initiate and complete job duties with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Non-visual instruct.
- Able to positively represent Saavi Services for the Blind at professional development and special functions as needed.
- Good organizational skills
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee and facilitate children’s and youth Weekend programming,
- Coordinate and facilitate state-wide OPRE-ETS programming.
- Collaborate and facilitate annual NFB Bell Academy’s Youth each summer.
- Assist with the Development and facilitation of statewide weekend and seasonal transition and children’s programming as outlined by contract and grant descriptions.
- Assist in the facilitation and coordination of the annual Ready Set Go Transition Summer Camp
- Assist and coordinate with Adult and Senior services team leaders/managers to create and monitor monthly/weekly staff schedules.
- Rotate with Adult Services Team Leader to provide on-call assistance to residential staff concerns and issues.
- Assist in facilitating any action or communication to support a client’s service plan, or SAAVI mission.
- Serve as point of contact for all youth service clients with respect to referrals, intake, orientation, discipline, ETC.
- Submit all staffing and reporting documents to all VR counselors for stepping-out programming and assist with the facilitation of monthly staffing’s.
- Work collaboratively in a team to support student and agency success.
- Reinforce proper cane technique and other nonvisual skills during all activities.
- Serve as a role model for students in the use of nonvisual techniques and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate respect and inclusion for all,
- Adhere to all timelines or develop reasonable alternate plans for accomplishing job tasks.
- Support student learning through incorporating braille, technology, cane travel and ILS, in all settings throughout all Saavi activities and practices.
- Ensure learning shade and cane is used at all times whilst taking part in Saavi Services for the Blind and other appropriate activities.
- Positively represent Saavi in professional development and special functions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.