Date posted: 06/16/2022
Location: Chamblee (Atlanta Area), Georgia
Posted by: Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation
Salary: $100,000 to $140,000
5582 Peachtree Rd.
Chamblee, GA 30341
5582 Peachtree Rd.
Chamblee, GA 30341
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years experience in non-profit management or 10 years experience in non-profit management.
- History of demonstrated achievement in fundraising
- Demonstrated ability to work with a voluntary Board of Directors
- Fiscal, grant writing, and management experience.
The Executive Director shall demonstrate a vast knowledge of non-profit expertise. The individual should be able to work well with others, understands diversity, possess a calm and diplomatic demeanor during disagreements and conflicts, and maintain a sense of urgency work ethic. The individual should be able to serve as the liaison between the Board of Directors and staff, individual and corporate donors, and grants and foundations. Other areas of importance are an ability to nurture and revere the organization’s rich history, ability to engage and enrich the organization’s long history with the Lions of Georgia, strong empathy for the mission, strong fundraising skills and desires, ability to inspire and influence staff and potential donors, and understands feasibility related to budgets and revenue projections.
The Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation’s (GLLF) Executive Director (ED) reports to the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Foundation, works closely with all members of the Board of Directors, and is primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of the organization. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the hiring, supervision, and management of all full-time and part-time staff members. Another key component of the position involves fundraising to meet specified goals as defined by the Board of Directors, as well as management of the annual operating budget. The ED also serves as the most visible external representative of GLLF on local and statewide levels to all organizations.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT and FUNDRAISING:
- Oversees the development and implementation of a sustainable business model, fundraising, marketing, and all associated strategies.
- Works closely with the Board of Directors and staff to meet community needs
- Develops strong relationships between the GLLF and its Board of Directors, donors, community partners, the Lions of Georgia, and Lions Club International
- Identifies, assesses, and implements new outreach opportunities in the served community at large and the business community as it relates to fundraising
- Seeks, identifies, and builds collaborative working relationships and other business partnerships that further develops and fulfills the GLLF’s mission
PROGRAMS and OPERATIONS:
- Oversees the development and implementation of strategies for maintaining and growing GLLF’s programs and services
- Provides key leadership for development and implementation of strategic initiatives and fresh, innovative programs
- Responsible for effective administration of the organization’s operations.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into on behalf of the organization after review and approval by the Board of Directors.
ORGANIZATIONAL and FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT:
- Works with the Board of Directors to develop strategic short-term (1-3 yrs.) and long range (5 yrs.+) plans and objectives for financial stability and organizational growth while monitoring progress toward stated goals
- Responsible for leading in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board of Directors and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board of Directors to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support the vision, sight surgery, and hearing mission.
- Responsible for implementation of the Lighthouse’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the organization can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organization, to include submission to the Board of Directors a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that operates within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Maintains an environment that promotes the staff’s professional development and builds teamwork
- Maintains compliance with all local, state, and national laws, statutes, and regulations
- Manages and minimizes organizational risk and liability.
COMMUNITY and PUBLIC RELATIONS/COMMUNICATION:
- Promotes the overall public image of GLLF among all stakeholders
- Cultivates a sense of community with the donors, partners, clients, Board of Directors, and staff
- Serves as the chief public spokesperson for the GLLF
- Recognizes and honors our founders and promotes an ongoing positive relationship with the Lions of Georgia
- Responsible for the enhancement of Lighthouse’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the Lighthouse’s Mission.
And all other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Application can be made by sending a letter of interest and resume to [email protected] .