Full-Time Low Vision Occupational Therapist
Date posted: 12/07/2018
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posted by: LIGHTHOUSE LOUISIANA
Salary: Depends on experience
- Education: Degree in occupational therapy with license to practice in Louisiana required. Additional Certification in Low Vision Rehabilitation preferred.
- Special Knowledge/Skills: Skilled with the assessment and treatment of geriatric patients required. Experience with patients who are blind or visually impaired preferred. Experience conducting low vision assessments and training preferred. Proficiency in the use of Office software products and the internet required.
- Experience: At least three years of clinical practice, at least 2 years’ experience working with geriatric patients.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Low Vision Clinic Facilitator and Certified Occupational Therapist.
- Physical: Functional vision required to manage paperwork and assist blind staff. Must be energetic and able to function in a dynamic office setting. Must be able to tolerate driving in all conditions for extended periods to support travel between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Must be able to tolerate sitting at a computer for extended periods. Able to travel throughout the facility to safely and effectively manage all work responsibilities, breaks, and emergency evacuations, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Able to manage all self-care needs and activities of daily living as required to support successful employment, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Personality Traits: Maintain professional appearance and attitude appropriate to the position. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to respond to directions and suggestions. Ability to assume responsibility for project completion. Ability to work independently and with a team. Ability to maintain focus on work in a dynamic environment. Ability to solve problems effectively and demonstrate good attention to detail.
- Working Conditions: Clinic, classroom, worksite, community venues, and home settings; some travel required. Must have reliable transportation, along with a valid driver’s license and insurance must be current.
- Work Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours, Monday – Friday / Exempt.
- Background Check and Drug Test Required: Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results.
The Low Vision Therapist is a key member of the Vision Rehab team, providing insight to co-workers and relevant input for programming. He/she is responsible for providing optimal assessments and training to clients with varying degrees of vision loss. Services are provided across the New Orleans and Baton Rouge regions and may be conducted in one of our 4-clinic locations, in clients’ homes or in clients’ work environments. Responsibilities require a holistic approach to Vision Rehabilitation, utilizing current best practices, to ensure optimal quality of services, excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong collaborative spirit, and solid computer skills. Responsible for supervising all clinic staff to ensure proficiency of clinic management and the integrity of client files. Must have excellent customer service skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
BENEFITS OFFERED: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Employer Paid Basic Life, Voluntary Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, 403B Retirement, Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave.
- Deadline to Apply – Open until filled
- Upload your resume and proof of certification