Teacher of the Visually Impaired – TVI
Date posted: 07/01/2021
Location: St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
Posted by: MileStone Staffing
Salary: Based on Experience
- Completion of a degree with a major or emphasis in teaching students with visual impairments from a university program;
- Qualification for state licensure or certification as a teacher of students with visual impairments in accordance with state requirements that reflect Expanded Core Curriculum areas including Braille and the CEC standards for teachers of visually impaired students.
- Current CPR certification – minimum Adult/Child.
MileStone Staffing is now recruiting for a Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) to take an assignment in the U.S. Virgin Islands, St. Thomas/St. John District to provide therapy related services to special education students ages 3 – 21:
Assignment Dates: On or about August 5th, 2021 through on or about May 27th, 2022 (possible summer extension).
Eight (8) hour workdays – in schools from 8-3 AST, in office 3-5 for documentation and additional students’ services.
Workweeks are based on the school calendar.
Please Note: We are also recruiting for additional disciplines in the U.S. Virgin Islands. If you know any of the following disciplines who might be interested, let us know:
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- School Psychologist
- Sign Language Interpreter
- Teacher of the Visually Impaired
If staying on the mainland is what you’re interested in, let us know what locations, and we will do our best to find you an assignment there.
Below are some of the great benefits that we offer for all of our employees:
- Travel Relocation
- License Reimbursement
- Direct Deposit
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Benefits Plan
- Long Term and Short-Term Disability
- Term Life and AD&D
- Sign-On Bonus
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Continuing Education
For consideration, please send your resume to [email protected] or call 561-862-9302. EOE.