Teacher of the Visually Impaired
Date posted: 08/25/2020
Location: Ogden & Morgan, Utah
Posted by: Utah Schools for the Deaf and Blind
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Special Education Teaching License (If out of state, must apply for Utah)
Preference will be given to those with an endorsement in Visual Impairments.
The Utah Schools for the Deaf and the Blind (USDB) invites you to consider a
challenging and diverse employment opportunity with our School. We are looking for
a visionary and dynamic individual to fill the position of Outreach Instructor for the
Blind/Visually Impaired working in beautiful Ogden/Morgan, Utah.
– Provide direct, indirect, and collaborative services to blind/visually impaired
– Teach subject matter utilizing the course of study adopted by the Board of
Education, correlated with other appropriate learning activities.
– Develop lesson plans that incorporate the Utah State Core Curriculum as well as
the Expanded Core Curriculum.
– Ascertain strengths and needs of students using a range of assessments,
including, FVA/LMA, CVI, and ECC
– Utilize effective teaching techniques in translating lesson plans into productive
student learning experiences which best utilize the time available for instruction.
– Write IEP goals and objectives.
– Provide braille instruction.
– Evaluate needs for low vision students as well as students with multiple
– Understand and teach technology for the blind according to the students’ individual needs.