Teachers of Students with Visual Impairments (TVI) – Full Time / Part Time / Per Diem
Date posted: 12/22/2020
Location: In person: Across the state of NH Virtual: From your home work space Hiring for both, New Hampshire
Posted by: Future In Sight
Salary: See Below
25 Walker St.
Concord, NH 03301
25 Walker St.
Concord, NH 03301
• The salary range is competitive and commensurate with experience.
• We offer a generous benefits package for full time employees, pro-rated for part time, including health and dental benefits, generous paid time off, paid professional development, a matched retirement plan, federal mileage reimbursement, a flexible spending account and more.
• Committed to building and retaining an excellent team of vision professionals, we offer incentives for qualified TVI candidates to join us, such as a signing bonus, tuition reimbursement for approved courses, relocation and/or temporary housing expenses.
State certification as a Teacher of the Blind and Visually Impaired
• Practicum candidates are encouraged to apply
• Special Education experience with a commitment to the Agency’s mission
• Values details, communication and independent implementation of expectations
• Ability to create, present and evaluate live, engaging, on-line vision services from anywhere
• Motivation to add to your current areas of expertise and be at a leader in the vision services field
Summary: The number of students who need vision services is increasing and Future in Sight, New Hampshire’s only statewide, non-profit vision service provider, is growing every day to meet those needs. Future In Sight offers families, schools and other education institutions access to a network of certified vision professionals. We are working to increase both our core capacity and our flexible capacity so that our students receive their vision services with fidelity.
About Us: At Future In Sight, we use evidence-based tools and closely collaborate with nearby institutions of higher education in action research to assess, evaluate, serve, and monitor our students. As a result, our students uniquely benefit. Empathy, collaboration, partnership, and appropriately high expectations for learners are our business.
The Opportunity: We are seeking TVIs to provide direct special education services to children and youth ages birth – 21, as well as consultation services to parents and families, teachers, service providers, and paraeducators specific to supporting children with vision loss. Our TVIs are itinerant, and provide in-person and/or live, on-line services. Our TVIs teach a diversity of learners with visual impairment, understand the unique functional and educational needs of learners with visual impairment and act as a liaison with community services. Provide direct and/or consultative special education services to children ages birth-21, specific to vision loss. The TVIs on the Future In Sight team are itinerant, meaning that they travel from school to school (or site to site) to provide services to students, support teachers and parents and act as a liaison with community services. The TVI works with the educational team by advising the team about ways of enhancing the student’s learning by adapting activities and materials to the student’s abilities.