Date posted: 02/02/2021
Location: Winterville, Georgia
Posted by: Northeast Georgia RESA
375 Winter Street
375 Winter Street
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree as a Teacher of the Visually Impaired
• Hold or eligible for GA Teaching Certificate
• Experience preferred, but not required
Join our dynamic and supportive team of 7 TVI and 2 COMS who collaborate to provide excellent specialized instruction for students in 13 partnering school districts. Beautiful and fun Athens, Georgia is the geographical center of the districts served through NEGA RESA Shared Services.
Successful candidates will work as an itinerant, full-time TVI responsible for vision assessments, braille instruction, assistive technology, consultation with schools, families, and other service providers. They will provide direct instruction in the areas of expanded core curriculum and other skills related to fostering independence and success with children from 3 years of age through high school.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate
• Self motivated
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Thrives and contributes in a team environment
About Northeast Georgia RESA Shared Services
NEGA RESA Shared Services provides multiple special education services for our 13 partner districts. Shared Services staff consists of 64 special education professionals including Related Service providers (PT, OT, Audiology, O&M Specialists, ASL Interpreters) and Low Incidence teachers (TVI, D/HH). These multidisciplinary professional teams partner with each other and school-level special educators to meet the needs of students from 3 to 21 years old.
Great reasons to work for Northeast Georgia RESA Shared Services
• Collaborative multidisciplinary teams
• Emphasis on professional growth
• Excellent benefits (Teacher Retirement, Medical, Dental, 403B, Health & Childcare Spending, etc.)
• 190 day contract
• No school-based duties beyond instructional time and IEP meetings