Date posted: 04/27/2023
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posted by: Alphapointe
Kansas City, MO
Kansas City, MO
- Preferred associate’s degree in a related healthcare field
- Vision Rehabilitation Therapist certification (CVRT) preferred
- Knowledge of the characteristics of blindness and low vision is preferred and further knowledge of other disabilities is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Alphapointe is a non-profit agency whose mission is to empower people with vision loss to achieve their goals and aspirations. Alphapointe offers a great working environment that’s both challenging and satisfying as well as an array of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, PTO, paid holidays and flexible spending options as well as a generous 401 (k).
Job Summary: Provides special therapy to patients that attempts to develop or improve visual skills and abilities; improve visual comfort, ease and efficiency; and change visual processing or interpretation of visual information.
- Works with patients that are visually impaired, assessing their needs and developing specific rehabilitation plans for that patient.
- Works with the patient on how to practice their therapy at home.
- Follows up on therapy assignments with patients
- Tests reading progress
- Prepares information for the doctor’s progress appointments
- Orders therapy supplies and manages all outgoing equipment.
- Assists office staff by answering phone and taking appointments when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Office Environment