AER Call for Presentations is Closed
Please contact Angela Smith at 703-671-5873 or via email at [email protected].
The Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired (AER) invites you to be a part of the largest and most exciting conference for orientation and mobility professionals from all over the world by submitting a proposal to present at the AER International Orientation & Mobility Conference and Meeting 2017. The conference will be held July 19-22, 2017, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and will offer an unmatched opportunity to share your practice innovations, strategies, research, and expertise. This conference will attract hundreds of orientation and mobility professionals – all convened to advance their skills, expand their knowledge and to be a part of conversations that will shape the future of the profession.
We are especially interested in presentations aimed at, but not limited to:
- Adult Rehabilitation
- Children, Infants and Youth
- Dog Guides
- Environmental Access
- International Services and Global Issues
- Multiple Disabilities
- O&M Techniques
- Personnel Preparation
- Physical Activity & Movement
- Sensory Development
- The O&M Profession
- Topics that will strengthen the field, provide cutting-edge information and improve service delivery
AER is seeking two types of presentation proposals: papers, which are educational breakout sessions 60, 90 or longer in duration; and posters, which are poster display presentations. Taking into account adult learning styles and the growing need for participant-based learning, educational breakout sessions can be provided in many formats such as traditional lecture, roundtable discussions, conversation hours, deep dive or panel presentations. To learn more about presentation formats, please click session-format-descriptions.
Acceptance notifications will be provided on or before 2/28/2017. All presentation proposals must be submitted online via the AER Proposal Management System. To submit a proposal, click on the Submissions link and follow these instructions:
- On the program log-in page, you will log in or create a new account.
- Once registered, you will select “Paper” or “Poster” for your desired presentation type.
- All items in red are required fields and must be completed.
- If you are unable to complete the form in one session, you can select “Save as Draft” and complete later.
- Once the form is completed, click “Submit as Completed.”
Presenters are required to register for the conference. There is a reduced conference registration rate for presenters who will be attending the full conference. Daily rates are also available. If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact Angela Smith at 703-671-5873 or via email at [email protected].