Conference Theme: Evolve. Empower. Succeed.
Twitter hashtags: #AERIntlConf and #Evolve.Empower.Succeed.
Call for Presentations is Now Open!
Share, Teach & Inform: Be a Conference Presenter!
Proposals Due: February 02, 2018
Looking for a chance to connect COMS, VRTs, TVIs and other vision professionals to the latest information, evidence-based practices, strategies and solutions? Be a conference presenter! The Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired (AER) is currently accepting submissions for conference presentations. The Call for Presentations is open until February 2, 2018. We are especially interested in presentations that reflect the best thinking in the field and are informed by practice, theory or research. We invite proposals that: reflect innovation and cutting edge content, stimulate and provoke discussion and audience engagement, target new, mid-career or seasoned professionals, provide diverse approaches for different types of learners and explore issues important to professionals in the field.
AER is seeking two types of presentation proposals: papers, which are educational breakout sessions that are 1 hour, 1.5 hours or longer and posters, which are poster display presentations. We are especially interested in presentations aimed at, but not limited to the following tracks:
- Administration & Leadership
- Rehabilitation Counseling & Employment
- Multiple Disabilities & Deafblind
- Psychosocial Services
- Information & Technology
- Low Vision Rehabilitation
- Infant & Preschool
- Orientation & Mobility
- Education Curriculum
- Vision Rehabilitation Therapy
- Itinerant Personnel
- Personnel Preparation
- International Services & Global Issues
- Physical Activity & Recreation
- Neurological Visual Impairment
There are several formats available for conference presentations: traditional, roundtable discussions, conversation hours, deep dive, case studies, learning labs or panel presentations. Click here for more information on the different types of formats Session Format Descriptions2018.
All presentation proposals are due by February 02, 2018. Acceptance notifications will be provided on or before March 12, 2018. All presentation proposals must be submitted online via the AER Proposal Management System. To submit a proposal, please click AER International Conference 2018 Submissions and follow these instructions:
- On the program log-in page, you will log in or create a new account.
- Once registered, you will select “Paper” or “Poster” for your desired presentation type.
- All items in red are required fields and must be completed.
- If you are unable to complete the form in one session, you can select “Save as Draft” and complete later.
- Once the form is completed, click “Submit as Completed.”
Presenters are required to register for the conference. There is a reduced conference rate for presenters who will be attending the full conference. Daily rates are also available. If you have any questions, need additional assistance or would like an alternative way to submit a proposal, please contact Angela Smith via email at [email protected].
Download the AER International Conference 2018 flyer to share with colleagues and other vision professionals.