AER International Conference 2020
Union Station Hotel
St. Louis, MO
July 22-26, 2020
The Call for Presentations is Now Open!
Deadline to Submit: 2/3/2020
Do you have a best practice, hot topic, research or valuable information to share? Themed “Gateway to Community,” the AER International Conference 2020 program committee is currently accepting submissions for conference presentations. The Call for Presentations is open until February 3, 2020. We are especially interested in presentations that reflect the best thinking in the field and informed by practice, theory or research. We invite proposals that:
- Reflect innovation and cutting edge content.
- Stimulate and provoke discussion and audience engagement.
- Target new, mid-career or seasoned professionals.
- Provide diverse approaches for different types of learners.
- Explore issues important to professionals in the field.
AER is seeking two types of presentation proposals: papers, which are educational breakout sessions that are 1 hour, 1.5 hours or longer and posters, which are poster display presentations. We are especially interested in presentations aimed at, but not limited to the following areas:
- Administration & Leadership
- Rehabilitation Counseling & Employment
- Multiple Disabilities & Deafblind
- Psychosocial Services
- Information & Technology
- Low Vision Rehabilitation
- Infant & Preschool
- Orientation & Mobility
- Education Curriculum
- Vision Rehabilitation Therapy
- Itinerant Personnel
- Personnel Preparation
- International Services & Global Issues
- Physical Activity & Recreation
- Neurological Visual Impairment
There are several formats available for conference presentations: traditional, roundtable discussions, conversation hours, deep dive, case studies, learning labs, birds of a feather or panel presentations. Click here for more information about the different types of formats: Session Format Descriptions 2020.
How to submit a proposal?
All presentation proposals are due by February 03, 2020. Acceptance notifications will be provided on or before March 12, 2020. Presentation proposals can be submitted online via the AER Proposal Management System. If you have any questions, need additional assistance or would like an alternative way to submit a proposal, please contact Angela Smith via email at [email protected] To submit a proposal online, please click AER International Conference 2020 Submissions and follow these instructions:
- On the program log-in page, you will log in or create a new account.
- Once registered, you will select “Paper” or “Poster” for your desired presentation type.
- All items in red are required fields and must be completed.
- If you are unable to complete the form in one session, you can select “Save as Draft” and complete later.
- Once the form is completed, click “Submit as Completed.”
Conference Registration for Presenters
Presenters are required to register for the conference. There is a reduced conference rate for presenters who will be attending the full conference. Daily rates are also available.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact Angela Smith via email at [email protected]