AER William and Dorothy Ferrell Scholarship
AER proudly offers educational scholarships for individuals continuing their education in the field of providing services to the blind and visually impaired. The William and Dorothy Ferrell Scholarship is awarded every other year in even years to two selected applicants who are legally blind and are studying for a career in the field of services to persons who are blind or visually impaired.
AER is proud to announce the winners of the 2018 AER William and Dorothy Ferrell Scholarship. After carefully reviewing all entries, the AER Scholarship Committee decided on two individuals that clearly met and exceeded the criteria.
Rachel Bodek, Ms. Bodek is a student at St. Thomas Aquinas College, where she is working on her Master’s degree of Science in Teaching.
Anastasia DeGuzman, Ms. DeGuzman is attending Western Michigan University, where she is working towards her Master’s degree in Vision Rehabilitation Therapy.
Both winners will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship.
Congratulations to our winners, and great job to everyone who submitted an application.
(Information on the next scholarship cycle (2020) will be posted at a later date.)
- Applicants for AER’s Ferrell Scholarship must be legally blind (have a visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the best-corrected eye and/or a visual field of 20 degrees or less.)
- Applicants must be studying at the post-secondary level for a career in the field of services to persons who are blind or visually impaired.
- Applicants may reside in any country.
- An AER student membership is not required but encouraged.
- Applications must be typed and submitted electronically to AER at [email protected]
- The letters of recommendation and an original, signed proof of vision status must be mailed separately to AER Scholarship Attention: Michele Basham, 1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 440, Alexandria, VA 22311-1744.
- The deadline for consideration for the 2018 Scholarships will be 4/30/2018. All application materials must be in the AER office by the deadline.